A combination of cucumber, lavender and yogurt cools and soothes blemished skin. Clay helps draw out impurities, and juniper essential oil is antibacterial.
- 1 tablespoon finely grated cucumber (without seeds)
- 1 tablespoon plain lowfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons white cosmetic clay
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops juniper essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in a small nonporous bowl and mix thoroughly with a metal spoon. Apply mask to clean skin, taking care to avoid eye area.
- Leave the mask in place for 15 minutes. Remove with a warm, wet washcloth.
Laurel Vukovic writes and teaches about herbs from her home in southern Oregon. She is the author of 1,001 Natural Remedies (DK, 2003) and Herbal Healing Secrets for Women (Prentice Hall, 2000).
Click here for the original article, Herbal Acne Remedies.