Makes 2 treatments
This efficient, nondrying, deep-cleansing mask is suitable for all skin types. Chamomile and parsley are both antibacterial, and honey has a softening effect. Use it no more than twice a week.
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon dried chamomile
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons very hot water
- Place all the ingredients in a food chopper, process, then let stand 5 minutes. Mix again to further blend and chop the oats.
- When cool, apply the mixture to a clean face. Leave it on 2 to 5 minutes. Remove it with a damp, tepid washcloth. Follow with a toner and moisturizer, or oil.
- Keep the second treatment in the refrigerator and use it within three days. Let it come to room temperature before using.
Kathlyn Quatrochi has a doctorate in naturopathy. She and her husband own St. Anley Inn, a bed-and-breakfast surrounded by herb gardens in Oak Glen, California. Kathlyn teaches herbal skin care, maintains a skin treatment practice and makes Beauty Garden Skin Care Products.
Click here for the original article, Saving Face.