A perfect subsitiute for soap, these cleansing grains are mild, suitable for all skin types and can be used daily. There are many items you can add to this facial cleanser recipe, such as seaweed, vitamins A and E, and other combinations of herbs. Be creative! You may design a truly unique and personalized formula for your skin type.
You may wish to add a few drops of pure organic essential oils such as lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), rose, or lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) to enhance the scent and the effect of the grains.
- 2 cups white clay
- 1 cup finely ground oats
- 1/4 cup finely ground almonds
- 1/8 cup finely ground lavender
- 1/8 cup poppy seeds or finely ground blue corn, optional
- 1/8 cup finely ground roses
- Combine all of the ingredients. Store the grains next to the sink in a glass container or in a spice jar with a shaker top.
- To use, mix 1 to 2 teaspoons of the grains with water. Stir into a paste and gently massage onto the face. Rinse off with warm water.
Excerpted from Rosemary Gladstar’s Family Herbal: A Guide to Living Life with Energy, Health, and Vitality. Published by Storey Books. Copyright 2001 Rosemary Gladstar. Reprinted with permission from Storey Communications, Inc.
Click here for the original article, Home Beauty Treatments.