Pure vanilla extract gives this vanilla lip gloss a lovely scent and caramel color, not to mention a delicious flavor. Coconut oil, beeswax and vitamin E oil preserve lips by providing a protective layer that conditions and locks in moisture. MAKES 1 1/2 OUNCES
• 1 tablespoon grated beeswax
• 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1/8 teaspoon vitamin E oil
• 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Place beeswax, coconut oil and vitamin E oil in an ovenproof container.
2. Heat gently until wax and oils are melted.
3. Stir in vanilla extract and mix well.
4. Pour mixture into a clean container and cool completely.
5. To use: Rub onto lips with a clean finger or lip brush.
Janice Cox enjoys creating her own natural beauty products at her home in Medford, Oregon. For more of Janice’s wonderful, natural recipes, visit Natural Beauty at Home.
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Natural Lip Gloss & Balm at Home.