Use this massage oil to ease the pain of sore muscles and joints or to warm your muscles before heavy exercise.
- 1/4 cup chopped peppermint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pods, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 8 bay leaves, broken
- 2 cups oil
- Place herbs in a double boiler, cover completely with oil and put a lid on the pan. Heat over low heat for 1 hour. Turn off heat and allow herbs to steep at least 2 hours longer.
- Strain out the herbs. Bottle the oil and store in a cool place.
Kathi Keville is director of the American Herb Association and author of 12 books, including Aromatherapy for Dummies (IDG, 1999) and Herbs: An Illustrated Encyclopedia (Friedman/Fairfax Publishing, 1999).
Click here for the original article, Body & Soul: Recipe for Relaxation.