This is a solid, waxy coconut-almond lip gloss that even can be formed into a lipstick. You can purchase empty lipstick containers or clean out old ones. Pour the melted gloss into these containers and allow to cool completely. MAKES 1/2 OUNCE
• 1 teaspoon coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon almond oil
• 1/2 teaspoon grated beeswax
1. Mix together coconut oil, almond oil and beeswax.
2. Either melt the ingredients in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes (watch closely), or using the water-bath technique.
3. Pour into a clean lip gloss container and cool completely, approximately 20 minutes.
4. To use: Rub into your lips and enjoy.
Using the Water-Bath Technique
The water-bath technique is a simple way to gently heat ingredients. To use, simply place the ingredients you want to melt in a heat-proof glass measuring cup or bowl. Then, put your glass dish inside a larger pot. Add enough water to the large pot to submerge your glass dish about halfway. Boil the water in the pot to melt the ingredients inside the glass dish.
Janice Cox enjoys creating her own natural beauty products at her home in Medford, Oregon. For more of Janice’s wonderful, natural recipes, visit Natural Beauty at Home.
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Natural Lip Gloss & Balm at Home.