Planning a green picnic? Pack these ten earth-friendly options in your green picnic basket for an environmentally friendly picnic.
1. Eden Foods All Mixed Up Too trail mix has organic pumpkin seeds, almonds, raisins and sea salt. 4 ounces: $3. (888) 424-3336
2. Designed to resemble a Dim Sum steamer, the Ten Thousand Villages two-layer lidded basket is made of rattan by Vietnamese artisans. $48. (877) 883-8341
3. 1% for the Planet participant Sigg’s Thermoses keep foods hot or cold. .25-liter Metro Mug Thermos: $25.
4. Honest Ade and Honest Kids Drinks offer an organic take on summer beverages. 16-ounce Ade: $2. 8-pouch box of Honest Kids: $5. (800) 865-4736
5. Pure essential oils repel pests and soothe itching in Little Moon Essentials Not Buggin’ Me Spray. 2 ounces: $5.50. (888) 273-0683
6. Marcal small steps everyday napkins are made from 100 percent recycled paper with no bleach, dyes or fragrances. 180-count: $2.30.
7. Reusable bamboo cutlery from To-Go Ware is made by a cooperative in Delhi, India, and packaged in a recycled plastic holder. Set (knife, fork, spoon and chopsticks) in holder: $20. (510) 225-4045
8. Made of recycled plastic, Recycline’s preserve durable, bisphenol-A (BPA)-free tumblers and storage containers are dishwasher safe. Ten 16-ounce tumblers: $6. 25-ounce storage container: $3. Available at Target, Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s.
9. Made of organically grown bamboo, Bambu’s biodegradable All Occasion Veneerware is dye- and bleach-free. Packages of 8 plates. 7-inch: $5.50. 9-inch: $7.50. 11-inch: $11. (877) 226-2829
10. Online craft resource Etsy offers blankets made of recycled materials by independent craftspeople. This recycled wool blanket is made of repurposed sweaters (each design is unique). 60-by-65 inches: $180. Chichibean Cozy Recycled Wool. (813) 352-0378