Makes approximately 4 ounces
Soothe and smooth with this gentle cream.
- 4 ounces shea butter
- 2 tablespoons dried (or fresh) calendula flowers
- 800 IU vitamin E oil
- 3 drops rose otto essential oil
- 30 drops lavender essential oil
- Small, wide-mouthed glass jar (recycled baby-food jars work well)
- 10 drops tincture of benzoin, optional (as a natural preservative)
- Melt shea butter in the top of a double boiler; add calendula flowers and heat on medium setting for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture through a strainer to remove calendula flowers. Add essential oils and vitamin E oil.
- Pour into jar (best if the cream fills the jar); once mixture is cool, close with lid. Label the jar.
Click here for the original article, Natural Baby Care.