Learn how to make a calming and hydrating lavender beeswax hand cream. The versatile lotion is also well-suited as a body cream. This body-care recipe is from Honey Crafting (F+W Media, Inc., 2013), an instructional guide with directions for making an array of crafts and beauty products from both beeswax and honey.
Buy this book in the Mother Earth Living store: Honey Crafting.
Lavender Beeswax Hand Cream
The elegant, gentle scent of the lavender flower will calm your nerves. Use this cream to hydrate your skin before bedtime to guarantee a restful sleep.
• 1 cup sweet almond oil
• 1/2 cup coconut oil
• 2 ounces (weight) beeswax
• Double boiler
• 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
• 15 to 20 drops of lavender essential oil
1. Combine the oils and beeswax in the top half of a double boiler.
2. Heat just until the wax melts.
3. Remove from heat. Stir frequently while cooling.
4. Add vitamin E oil and lavender essential oil. Stir until fully blended.
5. Spoon cream into a clean jar.
For more from Honey Crafting, check out the article DIY Beeswax Crafts for the Home.
Excerpted from Honey Crafting: From Delicious Honey Butter to Healing Salves, Projects for Your Home Straight from the Hive written by Leeann Coleman & Jayne Barnes, Copyright © 2013 by F+W Media, Inc. Used by permission of F+W Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Buy this book from our store: Honey Crafting.