Makes about 1 cup
Use this rejuvenating herbal toner after cleansing your skin to tighten pores.
- ½ cup distilled witch hazel
- ½ cup distilled rose water
- 2 teaspoons dried rose petals
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender
- 1 teaspoon dried comfrey leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin (optional, for dry skin)
- In a pint glass jar, combine witch hazel and rose water with dried herbs. Cover with a lid and allow the mixture to steep for 2 weeks in a warm, dark place. Gently shake the jar every day to keep the herbs from settling.
- Strain; if your skin is dry, add vegetable glycerin. Store in a clean bottle. Apply with a cotton cosmetic pad after washing your face.
Laurel Vukovic writes and teaches about herbs and natural healing from her home in southern Oregon. She is the author of 14-Day Herbal Cleansing (Prentice Hall, 1998) and Herbal Healing Secrets for Women (Prentice Hall, 2000).
Click here for the original article, Discover the Fountain of Youth with Herbs.