Learn how to make this Mint-Rosemary Herbal Bath recipe for your next bath at home.
Mint-Rosemary Herbal Bath Recipe
Herbal infusions made from one or more herbs can be a wonderful addition to any bath. Aromatic and therapeutic, these baths are really quite simple to concoct.
•3 cups dried mint leaves
•1 cup dried rosemary
•1 cup dried lemon verbena
•2 cups boiling water
1. Add the mint, rosemary, and lemon verbena to the boiling water.
2. Place in a tightly sealed bottle and store in a cool, dark place.
3. Allow the mixture to steep for 1 to 2 days.
4. Strain the infused water with a cheesecloth or screened colander and refrigerate until ready to use. Add 1 cup to each bath.
By the sea. Sea salt baths are cleansing and detoxifying; however, salt can dry your skin.
1. To get the best of both worlds, use plain Dead Sea salts or Epsom salts, then add 2 to 4 drops of the essential oil(s) of your choice.
2. Add an additional 2 to 3 tablespoons of a carrier oil such as jojoba, almond, or sesame.
3. To add a festive flair to your mixture, add a few drops of food coloring. You may also add dried herbs to the salt blend.
4. Store in a tightly sealed container. Makes 2 baths.
Read more about soybean foods and your health: Natural Healing Using Soybean Foods.