Lavender Eye Pillow RecipeMAKES 1 PILLOW
• Silk, cotton, or other fabric, 1 piece 10" x 5"
• Sheer polyester, nylon, or cotton fabric, 1 piece 10" x 5"
• Cord or braid piping, 2 1/4"
• 1 cup lavender buds
• 1/4 cup flaxseed
• Purchased decorative ribbon roses
1. Enlarge the pattern above to 200 percent on a photocopier.
2. Lay one fabric piece on the other, right sides together. Lay the pattern on top, pin it to both fabrics, and cut them out on the cutting line.
3. Pin and stitch the piping to the stitching line of the silk or cotton piece (Figure 1), overlapping the ends by 1/8".
4. Right sides together, stitch the fabric pieces together, including the piping and leaving a 1" opening (Figure 2). Trim the thread and turn the pillow right side out.
5. Insert a funnel into the opening and pour in the lavender buds and flaxseed. Stitch the opening closed and sew on the flower trim.
Check out the original article, Make a Soothing Lavender Eye Pillow