Makes about 2 cups
For a simple immune boosting tea tonic, try this tasty recipe.
- 3 tablespoons dried, shredded astragalus root
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 3 cups water
- In a covered pot, simmer astragalus, ginger and fennel in water for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steep, covered, for an additional 15 minutes.
- Strain, sweeten if desired and drink 2 cups daily.
Laurel Vukovic writes and teaches about herbs and natural healing from her home in southern Oregon. She is the author of 14-Day Herbal Cleansing (Prentice Hall, 1998) and Herbal Healing Secrets for Women (Prentice Hall, 2000).
Click here for the original article, Discover the Fountain of Youth with Herbs.