This soothing sunburn bath will help take the sting out of your sunburn and speed healing. Look for bulk herbs in your local health-food store, and keep them on hand throughout the sunburn season.
- ¼ cup each dried calendula (Calendula officinalis), plantain (Plantago spp.), raspberry leaf (Rubus idaeus) and green tea (Camellia sinensis)
- 1 quart boiling water
- ½ cup witch hazel extract
- 1 to 2 drops lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oil
- ½ cup baking soda
- ½ cup aloe (Aloe vera) gel or juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place herbs in a large pot and cover with boiling water. Steep 20 to 30 minutes, strain and discard the herbs. Set liquid aside.
- Fill bathtub with tepid water. Add herbal liquid to the bath along with the remaining ingredients. Soak for at least 20 minutes. Gently pat yourself dry. Repeat as needed.