Makes 3 cups
- 1 part fennel seed (Foeniculum vulgare)
- 1 part fenugreek seed (Trigonella foenum-graecum)
- 1 part flaxseed
- 1/2 part burdock root (Arctium lappa)
- 1/4 part licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- 1 part peppermint (Mentha ¥piperita)
- 3 1/2 cups water
- Simmer all of the ingredients except the peppermint together for 20 minutes.
- Add peppermint and let tea steep for an additional 10 minutes.
Beth Baugh has been the managing editor for ten books on botanical medicine and has been involved in the herb industry for almost thirty years. Christopher Hobbs, L.Ac., is the author of Herbal Remedies for Dummies (IDG, 1998) and many other books. Together, Christopher and Beth have an herbal correspondence course called Foundations of Herbalism; visit www.christopherhobbs.com for more information.
Click here for the original article, Healthy Liver Diet.