Makes 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon burdock root
- 1 teaspoon dandelion root (Taraxacum officinale)
- ½ teaspoon yellow dock root (Rumex crispus)
- ½ teaspoon artichoke leaf (Cynara scolymus)
- 2½ cups water
- Simmer the herbs and water in a covered pot for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let steep, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Drink 1 cup in the morning and evening.
Beth Baugh has been the managing editor for ten books on botanical medicine and has been involved in the herb industry for almost thirty years. Christopher Hobbs, L.Ac., is the author of Herbal Remedies for Dummies (IDG, 1998) and many other books. Together, Christopher and Beth have an herbal correspondence course called Foundations of Herbalism; visit
for more information.
Click here for the original article, Healthy Liver Diet.