Makes 4 ounces
This is a rich hand cream made with natural oils and honey that is perfect for keeping your hands soft and full of moisture. Use it throughout the day to keep your hands looking and feeling their best. The dark sesame oil acts as a mild sunscreen and the scent of lavender is a natural insect repellent.
• 3 tablespoons grated beeswax
• 1/2 cup dark sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 2 tablespoons spring water
• 2 to 3 drops lavender essential oil
• 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a heat-resistant container or double boiler. Heat the mixture in the microwave or over medium heat until all of the wax and oils are melted (do not boil), stirring well. Pour the melted mixture into a container and allow to cool completely. Stir again when the mixture has cooled.
2. To use, massage into clean hands.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty from the Garden (Henry Holt and Company, 2002). For more information, visit her website at www.JaniceCox.com
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Natural Hand and Nail Care for Gardeners.