Moisture from coconut oil, invigorating antibacterial properties from honey, and a tangy touch of citrus make this body wash unique. You will have a home spa day with every shower when you use this honey-sweet, sunshine-scented moisturizing body wash.
Honey Coconut Body Wash Recipe
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
• 1/2 cup raw honey
• 20 drops sweet orange essential oil
• 10 drops lemon essential oil
• 6 drops chamomile essential oil
• 1 cup unscented liquid castile soap
1. Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water and put it on the stovetop over medium heat. Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
2. Place coconut oil in the top and cover. Simmer until it’s melted, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute. To preserve the beneficial botanicals, do not overheat. Remove from heat; take the top pan off the double boiler and wipe it dry with a towel.
3. Put honey into a mixing bowl and add melted coconut oil, using a rubber spatula to get the remainder out of the pan. Whisk ingredients together for a minute, then add essential oils and whisk to blend.
4. Finally, add castile soap, whisking gently to create a uniform liquid. Do not overwhisk, as this activates the soap bubbles.
5. Carefully funnel mixture into a 16-ounce bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Label with contents and date; use within a year.
6. To use, apply to damp skin in small, upward motions. Rinse well. Makes 16 ounces.
Learn more about using honey in beauty products in Bee-Friendly Beauty Tips.
Adapted with permission from 100 Organic Skincare Recipes by Jessica Ress.