Vita-Carrot Anti-Aging Mask
Carrot is incredibly rich in vitamin A, which has anti-aging activity when applied topically. This mask is good for even the most sensitive skin.
• 1 large carrot
• 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
• 5 drops jasmine essential oil (optional)
1. Peel and purée carrot and strain off juice. (You can drink this!)
2. Blend pulp with sweet almond oil and add jasmine essential oil, if using, drop by drop. (You can also add a few jasmine flowers when they’re in season.)
3. To use: Lie on an old—or not very special—towel and apply pulp to your cleansed face, avoiding the eyes and mouth area. Relax and allow the mask to work for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse well with warm water, then pat dry and moisturize as usual.
Elixir of Youth
Mature skin also loves comfrey, chamomile, jasmine, honey, evening primrose oil, marigold, olive oil and wheat germ oil.
For more on the anti-aging health benefits of carrots, read the original article, Naturally Young: Anti-Aging Foods and Herbs.