For spectacularly scenic routes, consult the Adventure Cycling Association and the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, which converts former rail beds into
biking, hiking and skiing trails.
1. Big Island Hawaii: www.pathhawaii.org
2. Florida Connector: St. Augustine to Key West. www.adv-cycling.org/routes/floridaconnector.cfm/
3. Grand Canyon Connector: Cedar City, Utah, to Tempe, Arizona (connects Zion National Park and both sides of the Grand Canyon National Park). www.adv-cycling.org/routes/grandcanyon.cfm/
4. Illinois Prairie Path: Chicago western suburbs. www.ipp.org/
5. Katy Trail State Park: Clinton to St. Charles, Missouri. www.mostateparks.com/katytrail.htm
6. Lewis & Clark Trail: Hartford, Illinois, to Seaside, Oregon. www.adv-cycling.org/routes/lewisandclark.cfm/
7. Pacifica Coast Route: Imperial Beach, California, to Vancouver, British Columbia. www.advcycling.org/routes/pacificcoast.cfm/
8. The Palmetto Trail: Oconee State Park to the Awendaw Passage, South Carolina. www.palmettoconservation.org/
9. TransAmerica Trail: Astoria, Oregon, to Yorktown, Virginia. www.adv-cycling.org/routes/transamerica.cfm/
10. Underground Railroad Bicycle Route: Mobile, Alabama, to Owen Sound, Ontario. www.adv-cycling.org/routes/undergroundrailroad.cfm/
Do you have a favorite bike path? We’d love to hear from you. Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.