Serve this sumptuous main dish with wild rice and mushrooms garnished with a fresh sprig of rosemary. Recipe courtesy of Le Grand Café Napoleon.
- 2 chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons honey of the maquis (or substitute another strong-flavored wild honey)
- 1/2 cup chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pierce the chicken breasts with a sharp knife and thread a sprig of rosemary through each. Cut the lemon in two and sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar on each half. Wrap each piece of chicken, with half the lemon, in aluminum foil. Bake the chicken and lemon for 10 minutes.
2. While baking, sauté the mushrooms and wild rice in extra-virgin olive oil until mushrooms are lightly cooked and rice is coated with oil. Set aside.
3. Remove the chicken from foil and pan fry until no longer pink. Use a brush to spread the honey on the chicken and return to the frying pan. Cook another 3 to 4 minutes on each side until done.
Click here for the original article, The Wild Maquis of Corsica.