Let it become your small window into another world a world of pure color, intense fragrance, profound simplicity. There's no need to bind your flower with wires or poke it into foam or fret about rules of floral arrangement. Keep it simple:
- Cut a little, or a lot, off the stem of your purchased flower with a clean, sharp knife.
- Remove all foliage that will be below the waterline.
- Scrub your chosen container well.
- Keep the water clean-change it often, cleaning the container well each time.
It's that simple. A single flower will draw you close, focus your attention, slow the world down to its own pace. A single flower can, quite literally, change your life.
Check out the January/February 2000 issue of Natural Home for more about featuring a single flower stem in your home, including:
- simple, magical ways to use anthurium, gerbera daisies, gardenias, calla lilies
- floral factoids, tidbits and quotes