Grow your own food and herbs with the best natural and organic gardening tips.
Browse more great gardening content in the Mother Earth Living archives.
How to Use Compost
Use this plant-by-plant guide to take advantage of all the benefits your garden can gain from compost.
The Essence of Rosemary: Help Rosemary Survive Winter
The signature scent of the season can boost your mood, flavor food and, possibly, make you smarter.
How to Start Seeds Indoors
Use our tips to start seeds indoors now, and kick off your superproductive, unique and money-saving garden.
Associate Editor Gina DeBacker answers the reader-submitted question, "What are some great plants to grow in the shade?"
Creative, flavorful meals made with fresh, natural ingredients can bring the strength and vitality of nature into your life. Packed with 901 pages of useful information, the Whole Foods E-book Projects Collection can teach you the secrets to cooking with edible flowers, cooking and preparing wild game and more.
For the first time, Mother Earth News is proud to offer the complete Whole Foods and Cooking E-book Project Collection. This comprehensive collection includes 25 useful e-books with titles ranging from "Cooking with Honey" to "Perfect Grilled Meats". The Whole Foods and Cooking E-handbook Set is packed with practical information, innovative ideas and creative projects to inspire nutritious and delicious dining.
E-handbooks Included in the Set:
- Cooking with Honey
- Cooking with Dried Beans
- Cooking with Tofu
- Cooking with Winter Squash and Pumpkins
- Baking with Sourdough
- Cooking with Edible Flowers
- Great Rhubarb Recipes
- Perfect Grilled Meats
- Food Drying Techniques
- Cooking with Yogurt
- Cooking with Rice
- Making Quick Breads
- Making Ice Creams and Frozen Yogurts
- Making and Using Flavored Vinegars
- Fast and Easy Ways to Cook Vegetables
- Making European Breads
- Basic Bread Baking
- Jams, Jellies & More
- Making Maple Syrup
- Cooking with Oats
- Preparing and Cooking Wild Game
- Making Homemade Wine
- Making the Best Apple Cider
- Building Homebrew Equipment
*E-Books are Eco-friendly! By supporting digital products like this one you help conserve resources and energy that comes with printing standard books. Order your downloadable E-books and start reading today!
From one of the country's foremost doctors comes a groundbreaking book about diagnosing, treating and healing Lyme, and peeling away the layers that lead to chronic disease.
You may not know that you have Lyme. It can mimic disease processes including chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, autoimmune conditions such as multiple sclerosis, psychiatric conditions such as depression and anxiety, and cause significant memory and concentration problems, mimicking early dementia. It is called the "Great Imitator," and inaccurate testing (combined with a fierce, ongoing debate that questions chronic infection) makes it difficult for sufferers to find effective care.
When Dr. Richard Horowitz moved to the Hudson Valley more than two decades ago to start his own medical practice, he had no idea that he was jumping into a hotbed of Lyme disease. He would soon realize that many of the chronic disease diagnoses people were receiving were also the result of Lyme … and he would discover how once-treatable infections, in the absence of timely intervention, could cause dis¬abling conditions. In a field where the number of cases is growing exponentially around the world and answers remain elusive, Horowitz has treated more than 12,000 patients and made extraordinary progress. His plan represents a crucial paradigm shift, without which the suffering will continue.
In this book, Horowitz:
- Breaks new ground with a 16-Point Differential Diagnostic Map, the basis for his revolutionary Lyme treatment plan, and an overarching approach to treating all chronic illness.
- Introduces MSIDS, or Multiple Systemic Infectious Disease Syndrome, a new lens on chronic illness that may prove to be an important missing link.
- Covers in detail Lyme's leading symptoms and co-infections, including immune dysfunction, sleep disorders, chronic pain and neurodegenerative disorders. He pro¬vides a unique functional and integrative health care model, based on the most up-to-date scientific research, for physicians and health care providers to effectively treat Lyme and other chronic illnesses.