Any potpourri is suitable for a man, but some men shy away from brightly hued floral-scented mixtures, so I invented this dark, rather mysterious blend for them. Look for the ingredients in health-food stores.
- 3 cups rosebuds or petals
cup schisandra berries
- ½ cup cut-and-sifted elecampane root
- ½ cup cut-and-sifted red sandalwood bark
- ½ cup myrrh tears
- ½ cup coriander seed
- 1 cup white sage leaves (Salvia spp. including S. apiana)
- ½ cup lychee berries
- ½ cup whole cardamom pods
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Cure and package. This needs no essential oil for its perfume.
Rand B. Lee is author of Pleasures of the Cottage Garden (Freidman/Fairfax, 1998) and President of the North American Cottage Garden Society and the North American Dianthus Society. He lives in Santa Fe with his blind husky-mix, Moon Pie.
Click here for the original article, Capture Garden Scents.