MAKES 16 TWO-INCH BARS
These tasty bar cookies are easy to make and smell great while they’re baking.
•2 eggs, beaten
•1 cup brown sugar, packed
•2 teaspoons vanilla extract
•1 cup flour
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•1 teaspoon baking powder
•1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
•2/3 cup chopped pecans
•1 cup raisins or chopped dates
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease and flour an 8-by-8-inch pan.
2. Combine the eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl.
3. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder and stir into the egg mixture.
4. Fold in the rosemary, pecans, and raisins or dates, and spread the batter in the pan.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, and turn onto a rack to finish cooling. Cut into bars.