Recipe by Jeanne Lyon from West Bend, Wisconsin
MAKES 9 LARGE SERVINGS
Lime mint was the new plant in my garden last summer. You may substitute fresh lemon juice for the lime juice and lemon thyme for the lime mint. Either way, these bars are outstanding.
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/4 cup powdered sugar
• 1 cup unbleached flour
• 2 eggs, slightly beaten
• 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh lime mint, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine the crust ingredients and press into a 9-by-9-inch pan.
2. Bake for 15 minutes; cool slightly.
3. Whisk together the filling ingredients and pour into the baked crust.
4. Bake for 25 minutes longer.
5. Cool, cut, and serve.