- 3 ounces herb-infused oil, such as St. John’s wort or calendula oil
- 1/2 ounce pure beeswax (you can find it at herb stores and craft shops)
- 15 drops of pure essential oil—try lavender, tea tree, or a combination
- 3 (1-ounce) salve jars
1. Slowly heat the herbal oil in a saucepan to about 100°F.
2. Chop or grate the beeswax and gradually stir it into the hot oil. Remove from the heat and stir in the essential oils.
3. Pour the hot salve into the 1-ounce jars and let cool. Cap the jars and store at room temperature.
By The Herb Companion staff