Sage Turkey Breast
Turkey breast, one of the leanest meats you can eat, is prepared with sage, which is used in European phytomedicine to aid digestion.
• 1 whole turkey breast with skin and bones
• 20 fresh sage leaves, washed and patted dry
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Rinse the turkey with cool water and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Carefully run a large spoon under the skin, then slide the sage leaves under the skin without tearing it.
3. Place the breast in a shallow roasting pan. Roast the turkey in the center of the oven for 18 to 20 minutes per pound.
4. Set the cooked turkey on a warm platter and tent loosely with foil.
5. Let it rest for 10 minutes, then display it on a platter for your guests to admire.
6. Slice, removing the sage leaves and skin, and serve.
Check out the original article, Cooking with Herbs: Healthy Holiday Recipes.