Spicy Greens Pasta Primavera
Tossing hot foods over raw, spicy greens produces an unusual blend of flavors and textures.
- 1/2 pound linguini
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into circles
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup arugula, coarsely torn
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, sauté the yellow onion in the oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and zucchini and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and place it in a serving bowl.
- Toss the still-hot pasta with the cheese, arugula, and oil drained from the vegetables.
- Arrange the vegetables and prosciutto decoratively on top of the pasta and serve.
Click here for the original article, Four Seasons of Flavor.
Debbie Whittaker is a culinary herbalist in Denver, Colorado, where she teaches herb classes and lectures on sustainable cuisine.