Grilled Pineapple with Passion Fruit, Honey, and Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper provides an exciting tingle to this low-calorie tropical fruit dish that’s ideal as either a side dish or a dessert.
• 1/2 ripe pineapple, washed and sliced into 3/4-inch-thick rounds
• 2 very ripe passion fruit, washed, halved, and flesh scooped out
• 1/2 teaspoon honey
• 1 kumquat, seeded and minced
• 1/16 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1) Oil and then heat the grill. Grill the pineapple rounds over a hot fire for 2 minutes per side. Remove them to a plate.
2) In a medium bowl, combine the passion fruit with the honey, kumquat, and cayenne. Cut the skin off the pineapple rounds and serve them topped with a dollop of sauce.
Debbie Whittaker, a frequent contributor to The Herb Companion, demonstrates her healthy cooking style as the Herb Gourmet in Denver, Colorado.