In some medical traditions, practitioners say to avoid raw fruits
because of their cooling effect and high fructose content. But citrus
fruits supply vitamin C, an antioxidant known for its ability to defend
the body against colds. Pink grapefruit also supplies a fair amount of
another antioxidant, beta-carotene—the redder the fruit, the more
beta-carotene it contains.
•2 pink grapefruit
•2 teaspoons fresh thyme
•4 teaspoons honey
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Slice each grapefruit in half and remove the seeds.
3. Cut around the inside between the fruit and the pith, making sure not to puncture the skin.
4. Stir the thyme into the honey, and spread the mixture onto the grapefruit halves.
5. Place them in a glass baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
Click here for the main article, Stay Healthy This Cold and Flu Season.