Delicious, unique recipes offer the flavor and health benefits of Allium sativum.
Creamy Garlic Spinach Dip
Makes about 3 cups
This doesn’t taste lowfat—a quality we all admire in dips. Serve it hot with fresh veggies, baked chips or warm sourdough bread.
- 1 (8 ounces) container reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- ½ cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- ½ cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 3 scallions, diced
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shredded Asiago, Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Roll thawed spinach in a paper towel and squeeze to release water.
- Combine first seven ingredients in a casserole dish, sprinkle cheese on top and warm dip until cheese bubbles.