Serve this sauce hot or cold on pasta dishes, seafood, or lamb.
Makes 1 quart
- 12 cloves garlic, chopped
- 9 loosely packed cups cilantro, 3/4 of the stems removed
- 3 cups basil
- 1 cup chives
- 3 cups spearmint
- 1 heaping cup roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Salt and white pepper to taste
1. Process the garlic, cilantro, basil, chives, mint, and cashews while slowly adding the vinegars. Heat the cream in a small saucepan. Transfer the herb mixture to a bowl and stir in the hot cream. Season with salt and white pepper. In the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container, the pesto will keep for 6 weeks; in the freezer, it will keep for 6 months.
Laura Daily of Snowmass Village, Colorado, takes cooking lessons whenever she can. She enjoys grilling year round, even in the snow.
By Laura Daily