Cider Vinegar Coleslaw
Serves 4 to 6
This tasty, veggie-packed coleslaw, also courtesy of Beth Baugh, is flavored with apple cider vinegar and only a small amount of mayonnaise, making it much lower in fat than the traditional creamy version. Green cabbage is rich in antioxidants and vitamin B6; carrots are a great source of beta-carotene and folic acid. This coleslaw is a perfect complement to traditional barbecue foods such as hamburgers or veggie burgers and corn on the cob.
- 4 cups (about 1/2 of a medium head) chopped green cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thickly grated
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (low-fat canola oil mayonnaise works well, too)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Click here for the original article, Healthy Workday Lunches.
- Combine the cabbage, carrots, and onion in a big bowl.
- Pour in the vinegar and mix, then add the mayonnaise and stir well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill and serve.