All about fresh, flavorful food
These little darlings are a fun and flavorful way to present potatoes. The inside pulp stays nice and tender while the outside gets crispy. Serve these on the side for any party meal, even breakfast!
Holiday Rosemary Smashed Potatoes Recipe
Makes 6 to 8 servings
• 35 to 40 ounces fingerling or baby potatoes, scrubbed
• 1-1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon crushed dried rosemary
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more as needed
1. Fit a steamer basket into a medium-sized saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Add 2 to 3 inches of cold water to the pot and then add the potatoes. Cover and bring to a boil. Steam the potatoes for 10 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and let cool 10 minutes.
2. While the potatoes cool, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
3. Add the olive oil, rosemary and sea salt to the cooled potatoes and toss to lightly coat, using a large spoon, letting the excess olive oil and rosemary run to the bottom of the bowl. Arrange the potatoes about 1⁄2-inch apart in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Using a sturdy, flat spatula, “smash” each potato so it is slightly flattened. Brush the tops of the flattened potatoes with the seasoned oil that settled into the bottom of the mixing bowl.
4. Roast for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and slightly crispy. Season with more sea salt, if desired, while still hot. Let cool 10 minutes and serve warm.
Amount per serving, based on 8 servings: 139 Calories; 3g Fat; 0g Saturated fat; 3g Protein; 8mg Sodium; 25g Total Carbohydrate; 0g Sugars; 2g Fiber
Recipe from Laura Theodore's Vegan-Ease, © 2015 Laura Theodore, reprinted by permission.