This thick sweet-and-sour homemade salad dressing adds a toothsome quality to tender greens. It’s complemented perfectly by crumbled goat cheese and toasted nuts. For more salad dressing recipes, read the article Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes.
• 1 to 1 1/2 cups water
• 1/4 cup honey
• 4 stalks rhubarb, cut into thin slices
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Heat water and honey over medium heat. When mixture begins to boil, add rhubarb and boil five minutes more, stirring often. Stir in vinegar and lemon zest, and cook 5 to 10 more minutes, until dressing is reduced by about half. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
2. Whisk olive oil into dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or cold. Makes about 2 cups.