• 2 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
• 2 oranges or tangerines
• 1/2 cup sugar (or raw honey), or to taste
1. Place cranberries in a food processor or blender. Squeeze juice from oranges and add it to cranberries.
2. Trim ends from oranges and coarsely chop, rind and all. Add to processor and blend until roughly chopped (not smooth).
3. Transfer to a bowl, add half the sugar, and stir to combine. If it is too tart, add a little more sugar to taste (up to 1⁄2 cup). Refrigerate up to three days, to allow flavors to develop.
Find more dishes for your holiday dinner: Healthy Recipes for the Holidays.
Cook’s Tip: It’s important to use organic citrus in this recipe because you’re using the skins.
Adapted from Scratch: Home Cooking for Everyone Made Simple, Fun, and Totally Delicious by Maria Rodale and published by Rodale Books, 2016.