• 2 cups Cumin-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more to brush quesadillas
• 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced (prepared Saturday)
• Sea salt
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 2 cups Spiced Black Beans
• 6 large whole-wheat or sprouted-grain tortillas
• 3 cups grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (prepared Monday)
• 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro (prepared Sunday)
• Sour cream
• 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and pinch of salt, and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder and cumin, and cook 1 minute. Fold onions and beans into mashed sweet potatoes. If following meal plan, allow to cool, then cover and refrigerate.
3. In a saucepan, heat black bean mixture over low to medium heat until warmed through.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and place the first tortilla in the skillet to warm. Flip after 30 seconds to warm second side. Quickly brush tortilla with oil and flip so oil side is down.
5. Spoon 3⁄4 cup bean mixture onto one side of tortilla. Sprinkle with 1⁄2 cup cheese. Fold empty half of tortilla over filling.
6. Cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip quesadilla and cook until second side is golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Transfer cooked quesadillas to a cutting board or keep warm in low-heat oven. Continue assembling and cooking remaining 5 quesadillas. Cut into wedges and serve with cilantro on top, and salsa, sour cream and avocado on the side.