Grapefruit’s domineering flavor likes to be the center of attention—one reason it’s seldom used in smoothies, which are more of a team sport. Here, although it still takes the spotlight, grapefruit works nicely with the other fruits, resulting in a full-bodied flavor.
Grapefruit Pomegranate Smoothie
• 2 cups frozen strawberries
• 1-1/2 cups green tea ice cubes*
• 1 cup grapefruit, peeled, seeded and chopped
• 1-1/2 cups pomegranate juice
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• Stevia, maple syrup or honey, to taste
Blend all ingredients together until frosty. Taste and sweeten as desired.
*To make green tea ice cubes, simply freeze prepared green tea in ice cube trays until solid.
Check out affordable superfoods and recipes: Read 10 Superfoods You Can Afford.
Adapted with permission from Superfood Kitchen, available on the Mother Earth Living store.