Whether you are looking to eliminate gluten, dairy, grains or processed foods from your diet, Paleo cooking is the perfect solution for food allergy relief and better all-around health. Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry (Ten Speed Press, 2013) includes nearly 100 recipes featuring the Paleo mainstays of lean proteins and simple vegetable dishes, plus wholesome sweet treats—all free from grains, gluten and dairy, and made with natural sweeteners. The following Grain-Free Paleo Bread recipe is excerpted from “Breads and Crackers.”
You can purchase this book from the Mother Earth Living store: Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry.
Grain-Free Paleo Bread Recipe
A little gem of grain-free deliciousness, this paleo bread works well with both savory and sweet toppings. Try it with homemade jam.
• 2 cups blanched almond flour
• 1/4 cup golden flax meal
• 2 tablespoons coconut flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 5 large eggs
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted over very low heat
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 7 by 3-inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
2. In a food processor, pulse together the almond flour, flax meal, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vinegar and pulse until thoroughly combined.
3. Scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for 1 hour, then serve. Makes 1 loaf (about 12 slices).
More Paleo Recipes from Elana's Pantry
Reprinted with permission from Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes by Elana Amsterdam (Ten Speed Press, © 2013). Buy this book from our store: Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry.