Bitter vegetables like kale have an anti-inflammatory effect because of their high antioxidant levels. Try this new take on kale from Whole Foods Market’s Kristine Nicholson.
To find other remedies for inflammation, see 9 Foods that Reduce Inflammation.
Kale Recipe with Honeyed Macadamia Nuts
• 1/2 cup roasted and salted macadamia nuts
• 2 bunches kale, thick stems removed, leaves thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
• 1 1/2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss 1 tablespoon honey with nuts and 1 teaspoon water.
2. Bake on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet, tossing 2 or 3 times, until golden brown (about 10 to 12 minutes). Cool, and roughly chop. Set aside.
3. Arrange kale in a large, deep skillet.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, almond butter, remaining honey and 2 tablespoons of water. Drizzle over kale, cover and cook over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until wilted and just tender (about 5 minutes). Scatter nuts over top, and serve.