Use this healthful lemony vinegar in salad dressings, sauces, or to flavor soups and stews.
• Large bundle of fresh lemon balm
• 1 quart apple cider vinegar
1. Coarsely chop lemon balm leaves and stems.
2. Fill a quart-size glass canning jar with lemon balm until it’s about 3⁄4 full. Cover with vinegar until plant matter is submerged. Cover with a lid and let steep in a cool, dark place for 2 to 4 weeks.
3. Strain and store in a glass jar. (Note that metal rings can corrode when they come into contact with vinegar. Narrow-neck vinegar bottles with rubber gaskets are best.)
Learn how to Grow, Harvest and Use Lemon Balm.
Adapted with permission from Weekend Wonder Detox by Michelle Schoffro Cook.