Unlike pancakes on a griddle, a puffed pancake requires no painstaking attentiveness. Simply blend the ingredients, pour them in a hot pan, and let the oven finish the work. This pancake puffs to 6 inches or higher in a hot oven, but it deflates rapidly once it’s out of the heat.
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 6 eggs
• 3/4 cup whole milk
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/2 cup whole wheat or einkorn flour
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
• 1 lemon, cut into 6 or 8 wedges, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Melt butter in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat until frothy; turn off heat.
3. In a mixing bowl or blender, beat together eggs, milk and honey until combined. Beat in flour, salt and lemon zest. Pour batter into buttered skillet.
4. Bake for 25 minutes, until pancake rises and puffs. Remove skillet from oven, cut pancake into wedges and serve with lemon for squeezing.
Find more great healthy breakfast recipes in Delicious & Quick Morning Meals.