Gluten-Free Breakfast, Brunch and Beyond by Linda J. Amendt offers more than 100 gluten-free recipes, from light, quick breads, biscuits and scones to tasty pancakes, waffles, coffee cakes and sweet rolls. It also includes chapters on frittatas and omelets, quiche, stratas and breakfast casseroles.
Buy this book from the Mother Earth Living store: Gluten-Free Breakfast, Brunch and Beyond.
Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Recipe
Makes about 9 cups
• 4 cups finely ground or stone-ground white-rice flour
• 2 cups stone-ground brown-rice flour
• 2 cups tapioca flour or tapioca starch
• 1 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
1. In an extra-large bowl or container, combine the rice flours, tapioca flour, and potato starch. Whisk together until the ingredients are thoroughly blended. Use a large spoon to bring the flour from the bottom of the bowl up to the top and whisk again. Repeat a few times to make sure the flours are evenly distributed throughout the entire mixture.
2. Store the flour in an airtight container or zip-top storage bag at room temperature for up to 1 month. For longer storage, keep the flour in the refrigerator or freezer. Allow the flour to come up to room temperature before using.
3. Lightly stir the flour before measuring. Spoon the flour into the measuring cup and level off the top with a straight-edged utensil, such as the back of a knife.
More from Gluten-Free Breakfast, Brunch and Beyond
Reprinted with permission from Gluten-Free Breakfast, Brunch, & Beyond, by Linda J. Amendt, published by The Taunton Press in 2013.