Don’t underestimate how good these simple ingredients can be when combined. It’s a snap to make and a great way to add more garlic and beans to your diet.
Garlic Lentil Bowl Recipe
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 medium or 3 small onions, chopped
• 3 cups cooked lentils, drained
• 1 clove garlic, minced, or more to taste
• 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat, making sure oil never smokes.
2. Add onions and sauté until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Place onions in a medium bowl and add lentils, garlic and salt. Mix well. Serve warm.
Learn more about garlic in Growing Garlic: From Harvesting to Using.
Adapted with permission from Weekend Wonder Detox by Michelle Schoffro Cook.