These rice bowls are nourishing, colorful and filling enough to work as a simple weekday dinner. They are also extremely adaptable, so feel free to add any mix-ins you particularly love: Sautéed red peppers and onions are great, as are diced tomatoes. To make these bowls vegan, omit the cheese and sour cream, or replace with vegan alternatives.
• 4-1⁄2 cups Green Rice
• 3 cups Cumin-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
• 3 cups Spiced Black Beans
• 1 cup crumbled queso fresco or cotija cheese
• 2 avocados, sliced
• 5 radishes, thinly sliced (prepared Sunday)
• 3⁄4 cup chopped cilantro, for serving (prepared Sunday)
• Sour cream
1. In separate small saucepans over low heat, reheat green rice, spiced black beans and sweet potatoes (or microwave to save time) until warmed.
2. To assemble bowls, take a 3⁄4-cup scoop of cilantro rice and top with 1⁄2 cup sweet potatoes and 1⁄2 cup black beans.
3. Top with assorted garnishes: avocado, cheese, cilantro, radishes, salsa and sour cream. Serve immediately.
• Super Efficient Recipes
• Green Rice with Spinach Recipe
• Spiced Black Beans Recipe