Makes 1 1/4 quarts
This sweet and spicy punch is a healthful nonalcoholic beverage that will complement any holiday meal.
• 32-ounce bottle apple juice
• 10 leaves pineapple sage
• 15 leaves lemon verbena
• 1/8 teaspoon aniseed, ground
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1 cinnamon stick for the recipe and
• 1 for each guest
• 1/2 cup canned (unsweetened) or fresh pineapple
• 1/2 cup peeled, diced pears
1. In a noncorrodible pot, bring apple juice to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes, or longer for stronger flavor.
2. Remove the cinnamon stick, fruit, and herb leaves.
3. Serve with a cinnamon stick in each mug.
Recipe courtesy Karen Iacobbo.
Click here for the main article, Vegetarian Holiday Fare.