Serve this dressing over leafy greens or with chicken or turkey salads. Try lemon or caraway thyme for extra bite.
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• 1/4 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
• 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
• 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
• 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh
• Thyme leaves
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
• 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
Place all the ingredients in a jar, seal tightly, and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Use immediately or refrigerate. Shake again before serving. If kept refrigerated, the vinaigrette should keep for up to two weeks.
--Frances Sheridan Goulart, Weston, Connecticut
For more recipes from Kitchen Table, click here.