Balsamic vinegar and rosemary lend a tasty twist to this contemporary classic.
• 2 carrots
• 2 large parsnips
• 3 small beets
• 1 small rutabaga
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or dried rosemary
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Fresh rosemary sprig, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees .
2. Peel carrots, parsnips, beets and rutabaga; cut into 1- to 11/2-inch chunks. Coat an aluminum foil-lined jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
3. Combine vegetables in a large bowl and toss with oil, vinegar and rosemary until well coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss again.
4. Place vegetables in a single layer in the prepared pan; roast for 15 minutes. Stir vegetables and roast for an additional 15 minutes or until they are slightly crisp and golden but tender. Place in a serving dish and garnish with fresh rosemary.
Frequent contributor Kris Wetherbee writes and gardens in the hills of western Oregon.
Click here for the main article,
10 Thanksgiving Day Recipes