This is delicious on scones, quick breads, biscuits and toast.
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped candied ginger
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Refrigerate and use within 2 weeks or freeze up to 5 months.
Theresa Loe is always creating new herbal recipes and crafts for her annual calendar, The Herbal Calendar (Tide-Mark Press). It is illustrated by Peggy Turchette, who also illustrated this column. You can link to Theresa's website at the Friends of The Herb Companion page on our website, www.herbcompanion.com/contributors.aspx.ol
Click here for the main article,
Herbs in the Pantry: Herbal Butters.